Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, November 19, 2004

The Ammo Buy!!


My insistence upon doing things on the proper day often leads to a frantic rush to get everything accomplished on time. F'rinstance, I absolutely HAVE to vote on Election Day. Absentee Ballots are for when you'll be out of the area on Election Day, and Early Voting is for old & grey people, IMHO. So, on the 1st Tuesday in November, I often find myself in huge lines, become late for work, etc.

Same for today. I just HAD to buy the ammo ON Ammo Day, not before. So, I'm in a frantic rush to get ammo bought and still keep a dinner engagement, and also back home so I can post about it, all on the 19th. I am truly deranged...

As you might recall, the .45 pistol was the special Ammo Week Bonus Buy, posted about earlier.

Anyway, here's the haul:

Look at those pretty pewter grips I got at the gun show! Now I just need someone to make them in sterling silver!

Anyway, total ammo count for the day - 50 rounds of Winchester white box .45 ACP, 230 gr JHP; 100 rds Winchester white box .45 ACP, 230 gr FMJ; 50 rounds of Winchester white box .357 Magnum, 110 gr JHP; and 20 rnds Winchester Super X 185 gr Silvertip hollowpoints.

That should last all of 45 minutes at the range. If I fire slow. And take a break. I need a reloading press!

Here's Pookie Cat inspecting the photoshoot. Betsy Cat has already experienced cosmoline, so she keeps her distance when the hardware is out.

220 rounds this year. I'll aim to double it at a minimum next year, and continue doubling each year until Homeland Security and ATF have a mutual freak out as they watch a tractor-trailer deliver the supply in 2010.

Hope y'all had as much fun as I did!