Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Traveling With Oldsters

I'd Rather Play Pick-up Sticks With My Buttcheeks...

Since my Caddy is still without A/C, I traveled to last weekend's family reunion with my parents. This was a mistake I shall never repeat.

I started a huge ranting post about it, but then I bitched about it to my friend Zibig, and that sorta took the wind out of my sails.

Suffice to say that the only thing more exhausting than traveling with pre-schoolers is traveling with retirees. You take just as many bathroom stops, they bicker constantly, and you get the added benefit of Dad occasionally swerving into oncoming traffic lanes 'cause he's fixated on some livestock in a field just off the highway. Oh, and he never drives faster than 60 mph.

I love my parents dearly, but I think they can travel on their own for a while. I'll just suffer in the heat, but get there quicker.