Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Freaky Monkey

More Weird $h!t Found On YouTube!

Sometimes you see something that just tweaks your interest, and you get kind of fixated...

Rorschach sent me a link to this video, and I've probably watched it a dozen times so far. It's a Brit ventriloquist named Nina Conti and her puppet "Monk".

OK, I'll admit, the pretty smile and huge... eyes... held my attention for a couple of viewings, but there's something else there that makes this woman very intriguing. Not so much as a ventriloquist, she's good but not great in that regard, though she wisely incorporates her errors into the act. It's the unusual sense of humor and daring approach to comedy that I like. She's not afraid to get her freak on in public, and that's really rare for a female comedian. The bits about "But it's so deconstructive!" and "I am the monkey!" had me giggling.

Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have a lot of material on tap. A quick search on YouTube has material going back a few years, and they're largely the same group of gags.

Give it a watch! "And you're all a bit freaked out now, aren't ya??" LOL!!