Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sleep? Who Needs Sleep?

They Ought To Have All-Night Bookstores!
(Regular Bookstores, Not The XXX Types!)

Well, it's early morning #2 at Casa del Capitan, and I'm still puttering around at 2:30 in the AM. Last night was Poker Night, which didn't go all that late, but got me too wound up to sleep.

Tonight was a birthday party for a friend of mine from college. She's turning 40, which seems to be a common occurrence for people I know. I didn't realize how much I missed the opportunity to hang out with friends for an evening. Poker Night's only once a month, and blogmeets roll around once or twice a year... I haven't made any major effort at expanding my social circle here in Houston. I suppose I ought to start turning that around. I've only been here since 2003...

One of the guests at the party tonight was the bass player for Houston punk/nuevo wavo band The Judy's. That probably doesn't mean squat to the majority of you but the Judy's were HUGE when I was growing up in Houston back in the 80's. Finding out an original member was the cousin of my friend's husband was a huge kick! Heh... 30 years later, and I can still remember the words to "All The Pretty Girls" and "Guyana Punch"!

Easter lunch tomorrow with the parents. I thought my sister's family was going to be here, but it looks like they stayed home. Ah, well. I'll see them next weekend for Sammy's 5th birthday party.

Hey, don't forget that Leslie the Omnibus Driver is sliding into Texas this coming weekend. The latest news is that a meet is on for Saturday night at the Goode Co. BBQ on Kirby. Talk to Nancy France for the details!