Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lucky Number Seven

This Is Post # 2,362, On The Off Chance You're Counting.



Y'know, I almost let this one slip by unannounced!

I spent all last week planning to do a big post on October 26th for the 7th year of the Baboon Pirates blog, then found out last night that my actual start date was on Oct. 23rd.

Oops...

Well, wouldn't be the first time I've scrod the cod in the pursuit of bloggy amusement.

Holy shit. Seven years of blogging.

Doing the math, it appears I've spent 1/6 of my life pounding out blogposts. That's kinda sobering, considering most of the frothy spew on here is largely for my own amusement, and very rarely qualifies as serious commentary on the human condition.



Still, all work and no play makes Jack a cranky old bastard. I'd like to think I've brought a bit of fun into people's lives. There's a solid core of readers that have managed to keep coming back day after day for just about my entire blogging career. For that I humbly thank you.

I can't promise I'll keep this up for another 7 years. To quote Jimbo at a blogmeet long ago: "Are we gonna still be doing this when we're 80?"

Probably so, Jimbo. Probably so...

Thanks again for dropping by, y'all!