Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, August 15, 2014

Random Thoughts For 8/15/14

I'm Ready For Retirement.  Only 19 Years To Go!

It's Friday, and I'm already mentally out the door and headed for the house, so I hope you'll forgive me for not devoting the afternoon to a long scholarly essay on something vitally important to the blogosphere.

Instead, here's a few odd thoughts I managed to snag from my capacious noodle...

If you can manage to stand out by an intersection in the Texas summer heat for hours at a time, walking up and down the median and begging passersby for their spare change, I'd think you could manage to stand in front of a grill and flip some burgers or work a sink and wash some dishes.
Just sayin', is all...

And while I'm on the subject of panhandlers, why is it y'all usually have a prize collection of skin art, and never seem to lack for cigarettes?  Perhaps that's money better spent on some work boots and some bus fare?  Oh, who am I kidding.  Go smoke some meth, and to quote Frank Zappa, "Jam down the road, ya bum-ba-bum-bum!"
*********

You can get just about all the ammo you want hereabouts, with a few exceptions.  9mm, .45, .40 S&W, .357/.38spl, and 5.56 can be had by the palletload.  .22LR is still mostly absent, or severely rationed, and .32 Auto might as well be frog fur or hen's teeth.  Damn hard to acquire...
The supply of loose powder and primers is also set to "trickle".
*********

Why is it that each department in The Man's Realm can't seem to come up with an alternate form of community service project than a blood drive?  If I was to go donate as often as the emails and voicemails come in advertising these events, I'd be a crispy husk.   How about a bake sale, y'all?
********

There are few jobs in the world that are nastier, smellier and noisier than greasing up a young pig with several fistfuls of Crisco.  The results when said pig is let loose in a crowded event is usually worth the effort, however.
********