Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Slowest Move In Recorded History

Next Up, Moving Furniture Via Camel Caravan!

If it's Tuesday, I must be over on the North side...

Sigh.  If my finances didn't get so whackadoo after the engine blowout and the flood insurance debacle, I'd be completely moved in.

As it is, I've got a freshly cleaned carpet, a scrubbed out furnace and heat exchanger, a new set of mattresses, and a discovery that the AC compressor needs replacing.

Damn.  The hits just keep on coming.

Still can't get my BIL down to do the electrical work.  Dad says he can replace that 60A breaker that's heating up.  I'm not so sure.  It's been a few years since he's done much beyond replacing a wall switch or hanging a ceiling fan.

I may be worrying too much, but electricity coming in off the mains isn't something to fuck around with.  It'll kill you with varying degrees of speed, and it'll hurt like a mofo the whole time you're dying.

So, still to do before moving all my crap over there:

Hang curtains
Install a bunch of ground-fault interrupters
Replace about a dozen light bulbs
Fix the mess that is the main junction box
Split the gas pipe coming off the HWH to go to the dryer
Replace the gas rangetop spark lighters
Stretch the carpet in 4 rooms
Get a Molly Maid service in for a good scrub
Fix the broken hide-a-ladder in the garage
Rehang the shower door
Fix/replace the A/C compressor

And a whole bunch of other crap that can wait...