Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, May 09, 2016

Back In The Saddle!

Like A Bad Penny...

Back at work after weeks and weeks of hospitals and home recuperation.

It's been a bumpy ride, and it ain't over yet.

Long story short, I basically ran out of get-up-and-go, and needed a trip to the ER to begin to set things right.  I've had a slew of minor medical issues that by themselves were easily dealt with, but when they gang up on you, you're up shit creek.

Fortunately, there was a paddle close at hand, called Lasix.

After having a significant chunk of my body mass excreted through my kidneys over a 5 week period, I'm feeling better, much more mobile, and have lost my startling resemblance to an out-of-shape elephant seal.

Not all is peachy keen, though.  While in the hospital, Houston had some torrential rains & ensuing floods, and Castle Anthrax took on some water.

So, in addition to relearning how to ambulate and go about daily life with a center of gravity that's 3 feet farther to the rear, I'm trying to dry out a very moist house.

I'll attempt to post more frequently, but playing catchup at work and dealing with the house issues mean I'm kinda short on time.

Thanks for dropping by!