Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, January 14, 2005

Somebody Save Me....

Ok, El Capitan's deep dark secret #598756 about to be revealed.

I've been posting so late at night because I've been watching Smallville as soon as I get home. Some days, I'm up to 3 episodes. It's a tragic waste of time, I know, but I just can't help myself!!

After the Xmas gift fiasco, I found myself a deal on eBay for the 1st three seasons of Smallville on DVD for $100 plus shipping. Bargain!!

As a guy on the downhill side of 30, I've found it easy to avoid most of the teenybopper TV shows in the last few years. Xena, Buffy, Felicity, Charmed, Dawson's Creek... Never watched 'em. Never cared.

Smallville found the chink in my armor, though. I collected comics for years, and though I was never a big Superman fan (that big blue Boy Scout...) Smallville just got my attention. The pair of hotties playing Lana & Chloe are a big draw, to be certain, but the writers and producers got just the right spin on it to suit my fancy.

So, Smallville joins Northern Exposure and Firefly as part of the very small segment of TV shows I'm willing to pay to have on DVD. I've been successfully resisting the urge to blow all my savings on DVD sets of CSI, The Shield, South Park and even (Lord, help me...) Magnum PI, but the urge is getting stronger!

Damn this modern technology! 10 years ago I would've just sat around and said "Remember what a cool show _______ was?"