Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, November 08, 2004

That Spinning Meme

A number of years back, Rockhauler and I were leaving a movie theater after seeing one of the unbelievably bad Batman movies, when I turned to him and asked "Do you hear that?"
He paused, scanned around the rapidly emptying theater, and replied, "Hear what?", a bit puzzled by my inquiry.
"I can hear it! Can't you?" I continued. "Sounds a little like a turbine winding up."
Rockhauler was sure I was goofing on him, and said "No, I don't hear it. What am I supposed to be hearing?"
I replied "I'm not sure, but I think that high pitched whine is Bob Kane spinning in his grave!"
As it happens, Kane was still alive, but I'm sure he would have agreed with me. As far as I know, that nasty movie hastened his departure.

Anyway, spotted this at BoingBoing this morning. Reminded me of the Batman incident.

Tiny Humans update #6: Creationists tackle the "Hobbits"

Stefan Jones sez: The slight tremor you feel beneath your feet are gravity waves generated by Stephen J. Gould and Carl Sagan spinning in their graves really, really fast.

It's worth a read, if only to see the Creationists use their usual mess of Pretzel-Logic.