Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Another Mildly Effed Up Weekend

Trust Your Feelings, Luke!

Well, I shoulda gone with my gut instinct. Instead, I tried to do the right thing, and got slightly bent over again.

I passed up a chance at taking a three hour drive and going to a pig roast with a couple of local bloggers. (and in Texas, anyone within a 3 hour drive is local!) My sister and BIL were going to come into town and stay the night, bringing the munchkin with 'em. I haven't seen them in a while, so I ditch plans to run out to New Braunfels so I can spend some quality time with the family.

'Cept the family ain't spending time with me. They're off like a shot on their own errands, and heading back to Austin tonight. I got to spend a little time with the cute poopgeyser, but not nearly enough. So, I'm out one BBQ with Dash & Zip, and out one evening making googly eyes at my nephew and blowing on his tummy. Damn.

It's not a complete bust. Zibig and I rounded up my parents and we went out for a Chinese food dinner, then back to my place with an armload of cheap booze and a couple of episodes of Blackadder. We'll probably go shooting tomorrow if it doesn't pour down rain.

Well, I knew birthdays sucked more as you got older. Life's harsh, so buy a helmet.