Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

RIP Montgomery Scott, Beamed Up For Eternity

Are They Sure He's Not Just Looped In The Transporter Pattern Buffer?

Damn. Another one of the original Trek crew gone.

I just read that James Doohan died today at the age of 85, as a result of pneumonia and Alzheimer's disease. "Scotty" was one of the reasons that I liked Trek so much, and I was very pleased with his reappearance in the ST:TNG episode 'Relics'.

My all time favorite Scotty moment was in the original series episode 'Day Of The Dove', where all the phasers got turned into swords, and the Starfleet crew fought it out against Klingons using only cold steel. The look on Scotty's face when he found a proper basket-hilted claymore in the armory was priceless!

Adios, Mr. Doohan, we'll miss you!