Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Those Super-Intelligent Government Types

I Miss The Private Sector...

Next time you feel the urge to let the government solve all your problems, 'cause they only hire the best & the brightest, just think about this little episode:
I just went down to the break room to get my morning dose of Diet Dr Pepper. A 20-year veteran of this governmental entity took the opportunity to lecture me in all seriousness on the origins of Dr Pepper. I bet you didn't know that Dr Pepper was an Italian invention, created from cherry juice and called Pepe del Medico! Then, those sneaky Yanks copied the recipe and flooded the market.

You learn something every day... Guess I better go back to the Dr Pepper museum in Waco, TX and let them know they need to do some revising!

Sigh... Charles Alderton is no doubt rolling in his grave.