Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Do Not Try To Dissuade Me!

I have decided that 37 years is too long to have lived on this Earth without ever owning a Velvet Elvis painting. Therefore, I'm shopping for a good one.

It must hang in a place of honor, where all can see and admire the artistry. I'm thinking the wall behind my desk at the office ought to do it. I'm in a high-traffic area, so many many people can pay homage to The King.

I saw this one on eBay. Whaddya think? It's got all the requisite characteristics of a classic Velvet Elvis... the Vegas-era jumpsuit, the almost monochrome paint scheme, the extravagant lighting effects... perfection!