Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, September 12, 2005

Your Tax Dollars At Work

I'd Be Amused/Disgusted If I Wasn't So Disgusted/Amused

There's a bunch of maintenance guys in the office next door, moving furniture around trying to find a cricket.

Yes, a cricket. You know, little black bug, hops a bit, doesn't bite?

Nevertheless, the occupant of the office has refused to occupy the place until said cricket is found and dispatched. I poked around in the corners, and used my flashlight to see behind file cabinets before I gave up to go back to work.

God forbid a mouse ever find its way in here. We'd probably have to evacuate the building.

UPDATE: The cricket somehow found its way to the men's bathroom. It was quickly and mercifully dispatched via a rapidly descending shoe, and as soon as I can figure out how to mount the little head on a tiny plaque, I'll hang it on my office wall as a trophy of the occasion.