Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Technorati Sucks Ass

Get Out Of The Bush League, Dudes...

I am so sick and tired of getting timeouts from Technorati. Doesn't matter when I try and connect. 3 pm or 3 am, it's all the same. Long wait, then, if you're lucky, you get a message saying "Try again later!" Thanks for nothing.

So, what am I doing griping about a free service? Well, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. Charge money, Technorati. Gameranger uses a two-tier system. Free for the plebians, $50 a year for those serious about gaming. You folks obviously need faster servers and more bandwidth. You're probably years away from an IPO, so you need funding from somewhere.

I think $20-25 a year is a fair price. High enough to make it unattractive for the spammer crowd, low enough that the free blogger service users will be able to buy in. Keep a level of free service, but guarantee the paid users don't get locked out.

Whatever you do, Technowhiz Boys, do something,and do it quickly. Right now your service is a POS, and not worth using.