Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

More Courtroom Tales

As Long As We're On The Subject!

This one's not my story, it was told to me by Rockhauler, who witnessed it in an Oklahoma courtroom many moons past. By rights he oughta be telling it, but since I can't get him to start a blog, I'll hijack the story.

This Okie's on trial for something minor, maybe a Class B misdemeanor or so, and has chosen trial by judge. The guy's guilty as hell, but is acting all cocky for some reason during the trial.

The judge rules against him, and goes to pronounce sentence. "Mr. Okie", the judge says, "I sentence you to a fine of three hundred dollars..."

"I'll pay that right now!" interjects the Okie, slapping his wallet. "I got that $300 right here in my ass pocket!"

The judge roared, "AND 30 DAYS IN COUNTY LOCKUP!! You got that in your ass pocket too?"

Moral? Don't piss off judges. It's never a good idea!