Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm Not Up To This Today

My Brilliance Portal Is Clogged, Must Use B.S. Instead...

I was all geared up to excoriate Andy for his latest venture into Bush Derangement Syndrome-land, but two things stopped me.

First, a long meeting this morning at the HEC center with every alphabet agency under the sun, preparing for the arrival of 25,000 soggy folks into our mostly-vacant Astrodome. An interesting side note... I remain behind a desk for the duration, yet my parents, both pushing 70, get called up for action. Go figure. Well, I told 'em to get out of town for the week. Next time maybe they'll listen.

Second, and more compelling, was this fine post from Eric of Who Tends The Fires. Excellent work, dude. You certainly have the chops to be the next reigning Voice Of Reason after I lose it completely and devolve into muttering curmudgeonhood.

Nope, no vitriol and partisan blathering today. Just a deep breath, a quick spot of thanks for not living in New Orleans, and a check to write to the Red Cross. We'll resume the ongoing spat after this disaster is brought under control.