Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Jehovah Strikes Back

Game On, O Ye Faithful!

In an apparent attempt to sway me away from worship of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I'm fairly certain that one aspect of the Holy Trinity made a miraculous appearance on my iMac today.

Can't say which one it was for certain, but God & Jesus are probably swamped with prayer requests due to Hurricane Katrina and Bush's impending 2nd SCOTUS appointment, so it was more than likely the Holy Ghost. Ghosts are pretty good at being the ghost in the machine, I'd think.

Witness the miracle for yourself...



Playing Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, I chose a random map against two opponents, and lo! An image of the sacred Hill of Calvary, appeared in the electronic snow. At first I thought to build a mighty cathedral upon the site, but alas, I was playing the Vikings, not the Britons, so it was either a big ugly wooden tower-thingie or nothing.

I marveled at the sight, and wanted to drive some sheep over there and dispatch them with a flaming shot out of a catapult (burnt offerings, ya know...) but I had already harvested all the sheep back in the Feudal Age.

I'm off to alert the media and mow the grass. I expect there'll be 5000 Catholics here in the morning to pray and leave offerings, and I'd like to give them a nice smooth yard to stand in line on.

Now, if I can only figure out how to make this iMac leak 'tears' out from the microphone port, I'd be all set!