Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

Wanted: One Chicken, One Large Bucket

Time To Get The Real Story

I'm talking to a coworker this morning, and was relaying the details of a call I'd just fielded. The woman I spoke to was so mad about her issue, the phone just about started to glow red. As I'm relating this, I use a phrase I've used a thousand times before: "She was madder than a wet hen."

Now, I don't know about you, but I've never poured water on a chicken and seen the resulting emotional state of the fowl in question. I'm very curious about finding out, though.

How much water needs to be applied to the hen before it starts to change its mood? Does a light sprinkling generate annoyance? Perhaps a thimbleful to cause consternation? A pint to get it peeved? Enquiring minds want to know.

So, since I'm fresh out of unfrozen chickens, I'm asking some of you rural bloggers to look into this. I'll gladly send you a roll of paper towels and a hair dryer to help the chicken regain its proper frame of mind afterwards. Please let me know how moist a hen needs to be to get really angry.

Remember, it's for science, so record your results. There might be a igNobel Prize for this.