Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm Not A Complete Muppet!

Some Brain Cells Remain, Apparently.

I am SO relieved...

I saw this math quiz over at the Anarchangel's place. I have to say, it filled me with consternation and a general feeling of dumbassery.

See, I've never been all that quick in math. Well, some of it I did OK in. I whizzed through Geometry. Business Math I aced. I kicked Statistics ass all over campus.

I also failed out of Algebra I. Twice. OK, the second time was because I refused to do homework, and was busy chasing Cindy Hathaway. But I digress...

Most of my fear came from 8th grade math, where I was never sure I had that fraction thing down, and the whole "solve for X" stuff seemed OK, but then those bastards rolled in Y & Z and square roots and irrational numbers and I just threw in the mental towel. Algebra just wasn't logical, and required a leap of faith that I was never able to perform.

So, I gritted my teeth, and took the quiz. Know what? It wasn't all that difficult.

Next step, digging up an old Algebra I book... Not!

You Passed 8th Grade Math

Congratulations, you got 10/10 correct!