Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, December 23, 2006

All About Christmas

Does Anyone Else Blog Nekkid??

Yabu tagged me with a Christmas meme. So, here goes...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually wrapping paper, but gift bags are nice for odd-sized gifts.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Haven't had a real tree for decades. Allergies force plastic shrubbery upon me.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Early December, except this year. No tree! Too much house remodeling to have one up.

4. When do you take the tree down?
The weekend after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I can drink it, but it's greatly improved by some brandy or cognac.

6. Favorite gift you received as a child?
Electric train set.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I had a nice one made of unglazed pottery, but I opened the box a few years ago, and half the pieces were shattered. I blame Satan. Or Santa. One of the two.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Dad. He never asks for enough. I'm trying to make up for years of crap gifts (neckties, belts, wallets), but he's annoyingly modest.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Mom, once she decides what she wants.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It's hard to say. I've had some abysmal sweaters and other clothes dumped on me as "gifts".

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
'Scrooged'

13. When do you start shopping?
Sometime in the fall.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Does fruitcake count?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Figgy Pudding Fudge & other treats

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Either. It's all good.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
'I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas'

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I'll be traveling, but I prefer to stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeers?
Yes. And it's Donner, not Donder! I don't care what the original poem said.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I'd prefer a star, but an angel usually gets the top billing.

21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
That sanctimonious look on the faces of media-types who've been selling you crap all year 'round. We're supposed to get all misty-eyed when they utter the words "We should all stop to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas"?

23. Do you have Jebus in your heart this Christmas?
Like the Grinch, my heart is three sizes too small. Maybe next year.

24. What would you like for Christmas?
A wad of cash large enough to pay off all my debts.

And five people to tag? Merry Christmas to:

Donny
KurtP
Beth
Jenni
Nelly