Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, May 09, 2008

Can I Borrow $88,000, Please?

I Don't Want This... I NEED This!!

Wow. Check this out. For Sale on eBay:
(Link may only work until end of auction on 5/14)



A 1943-vintage Douglas DC-3. Also known as the Gooneybird, C47 Skytrain, Skytrooper, Dakota...

I've always been a fan of the big lumbering prop-driven cargo planes. Tops on my list will always be the C-130 Hercules, but the DC-3 is a close second.

The DC-3 was a major player in commercial air travel & air freight from the 1930's through the 1950's. With thousands sold into civilian service after WWII, it was the workhorse for most of the airlines.

So, what would *I* do with one? Man, the possibilities are endless! Salmon smuggling in the Aleutians, dropping an anti-Mugabe hit squad into Zimbabwe Rhodesia, running guns into New Jersey...

I'll need a CD player and cupholder installed.



Look how much weed you could put in here!



I guess I ought to fire up that Amazon tip jar now...