Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, August 18, 2008

Things I Wouldn't Eat On A Dare

This Sort Of Explains German Schieße Films...

I really shouldn't be mocking weird German wursts, when I eat as many chilidogs as I do. It's common knowledge that hot dogs are composed mainly of bovine lips and assholes, and whatever other odd bits of flesh litter the abbatoir floor before being chucked into the meatgrinder.

Still, the application of chili cures most ills, and we at least have the common decency to grind up our offal into an inoffensive meat paste before stuffing it into lengths of intestine for curing.

Zee Churmans? Not so much...

From Wikipedia:
Blood Tongue or Zungenwurst is a variety of German blood sausage. It is a large link sausage that is made with pig's blood, suet, bread crumbs and oatmeal with chunks of pickled pig's tongue added. It is commonly sliced and browned in butter or bacon fat prior to consumption. It is sold in markets pre-cooked and its appearance is maroon to black in color.

It is also sold in some delis as a cold cut.




Excuse me while I go dry heave for a while...