Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random Questions

Pointless Ponderables

Why is it that dried apricots and apples are tender & delicious, yet dried peaches and pears (which come from juicier fruits) look and taste like severed & mummified human ears?

Have you ever wondered if dried plums (aka prunes) aren't really plums at all, but the squished & dessicated abdomens of really large nectar-eating beetles? Would you know the difference?

If Barack Obama's campaign staff can enlist Missouri law enforcement to prosecute those "telling untruths" about his candidacy, can we enlist the FBI to go nut-punch Barney Frank & Nancy Pelosi? (Yeah, I'm aware that Pelosi is allegedly a woman, but with the whoppers she tells... Boy, that's one heavy-hangin' pair she's got...)

When did they start using mostly chicken in Vienna sausages? I was used to the previous taste of only beef & pork lips and @$$holes, I can't quite get with the addition of chicken offal.

Why do you get sudden cravings for foods you usually never eat? Normally I avoid certain foods like the plague, 'cause they might GIVE you the plague... Foods like Vienna sausages, for one. Nevertheless, once a year or so, I'll reach out zombie-like, and pull a can off the shelf. Won't eat it again for ages. I did the same with a bottle of orange-flavored soda last week. I really don't care for fruit-flavored soda, but I guzzled that bottle in no time at all.

Why do cats sometimes leave the tip of their tongue hanging out of their lips? And why do they get so irate when you reach over and stuff it back inside?