Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Armed With A Laser

Suddenly, It's A Black & White World

After some anonymous muppet destroyed my inkjet printer, I finally got a replacement.

When we had Hurricane Ike roll through town last fall, we moved all our computing equipment inside the interior rooms in our building. After carefully stacking my PC, monitor & printer on a rolling chair, for ease of movement before & after the storm, some pinhead decided to steal the chair, and leave my printer laying on its side for a week.

By the time I got back to the office, the ink cartridges had leaked and coated the interior of the printer, including the fiddly bits that can't be ink-coated in order to operate the printer. So, as a result, I've been printing to the Xerox copier on the other side of the building for months.

I got an HP Laserjet printer today, but even that's a mixed blessing. The ham-fisted IT person blindly yanked out the wrong power cord, and killed my PC as she was installing the new printer.

Did I hit "Save" beforehand? Of course not...

Ah, well. When I file my complaint, it'll be a sharp clean laser copy that gets sent to her boss!