Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Too Clever By Half

Hoisted By Mine Own Petard!

One of the side attrations at the LOLCats site is the LOLCelebrity page.

I was doodling around on it one day, and saw the daily "Vote On This" photo. The caption was just completely lame, and I knew I could do better.

So, I thought about it for a while, and inspiration struck!

All to no avail, however. My picture proved about as popular as the proverbial turd in a punchbowl. No one was getting the joke.

It finally dawned on me that I was just too obscure with the reference. See, there's a bunch of things you'd have to know before you'd get the joke. Here's a short list:

1) The existence of SlashFic

2) The existence of Star Trek SlashFic, specifically.

3) 1960's Cinemascope epic films

4) Knowledge of the specific deleted scene from a 1960's Cinemascope epic film

5) Have actually SEEN the deleted scene from the 1960's Cinemascope epic film

and so forth...

Anyway, I still think it's pretty funny. Kudos to the first commenter that matches the caption with the source material!