Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Wanted: Giant Anthill

Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!

I knew it was too good to be true...

When I sent in my last payment for my student loan, I didn't expect to get any sort of congratulatory letter from the loan servicing company. After all, I'd just turned off the tap, so to speak, and they weren't going to be able to squeeze any more blood out of this turnip.

Or so I thought...

The lack of correspondence or bills went unremarked by me, in the same way you don't really miss a horrible rash once it has faded.

Imagine my surprise when I get an email from the Texas loan guarantee folks telling me I'm 67 days past due on my loan, and they're three days from foreclosing on the loan.

Exsqueeze me? WTF??

I'd paid off one loan, all right. Somehow the loan servicing company took this to mean they could stop sending me bills for the second loan I was paying off simultaneously, and which was supposed to be paid off at the same time as the first loan. It didn't however, stop the late fees or overdue penalties on that second loan.

It took nearly an hour of patient wrangling over the phone to get them to admit fault for not sending another bill or payment request for the outstanding balance, for which they less-than-graciously agreed to cancel the stupendous sum of $14.87 in late fees.

So, a draft of $185 over the phone, and I'm back current. Now, only another $312.95 to go.

Filthy bastards... I ought to stake them all to huge anthills and pour honey over their nekkid carcasses. (Carcassi?)