Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, December 08, 2011

The 10/22 Dilemma

'Cause EVERYONE Needs At Least Five Or Six .22 Rifles!!

Hmmmm.



Collector's has kinda-sorta tweaked my fancy. Again...

It's a Ruger 10/22:






I'm such a pushover for a straight-stocked long gun. If this particular Ruger 10/22 had a Mannlicher forestock instead of the Schnabel forend, we wouldn't be having this chat. I'd be tear-assing across town to put it on layaway.

As it is, I'm intrigued, but not convinced.

I haven't yet taken a swig of the 10/22 Koolade. Ruger 10/22s are like Barbie Dolls for men, even more so than AR15-type rifles. Before you know it, you've got a closet full of accessories, and you spend your weekends playing Dress-Up with your rifle.

I like the stainless steel. I love the English-style straight stock.

HatehateHATE the fishscale inletting. OK, not even inletting. Die-stamped texturing.

Meh. I'll hang on to my Marlins & my Savage .22s for now. They'll get the right 10/22 in sooner or later.