Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, February 04, 2012

.45 Colt Jigsaw Puzzle

You Need Small Fingers For This Stuff...

Wanna know what it takes to tie up a revolver completely?

Look at the tiny chip missing from one of the prongs on the cylinder bolt below:



That's all it takes!

Alas, that wasn't the only thing wrong with the wheelgun.

I also had to replace a broken spring on the cylinder hand. I didn't find out about the broken bolt until I got the revolver disassembled. I'm also ordering a wire bolt spring from Brownell's to replace the flat spring. It ought to make things a bit more reliable.

So, until the new parts arrive next week sometime, I've got a pile of pistol just sitting around.

Sure hope I remember how it all goes back together...