Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, April 02, 2012

CVS: The Domestic Drug Dealer

Being Healthy Would Be A Lot Cheaper.

Well, the wallet just took a severe hit. Today was the quarterly re-up on my mail order scrips, as well as a refill of 5 more from the local pill purveyor.

So, $318 for a 90 day supply, and another $110 for the monthly stash. That's just the copay. If I had to pay retail, I'd be dealing crack just to have enough cash to stay healthy and keep the lights on.

I really ought to look into that Flexible Spending Account business. Sure, some of these might go generic in a year or so, but even some of those are $25-35 a pop.

Anybody out there do the FSA? How much do you set aside on a per annum basis?

Sigh. At least you don't have to tip the pharmacist...