Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, March 10, 2017

Nike Is Greek, Not Arabic...

ZOMG!  An Actual Post!!

Saw this elsewhere on the web.  I know it's got some folks all discombobulated...

I don't have a beef with Nike over their peddling of a "sports burqa".  They're in the sports-gear selling business, and if there's a demand for this sort of thing, more power to 'em for being the supply.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the idea of the burqa, but I don't think you can claim Nike is subjugating women or promoting Islamic patriarchy.  Whoever's inclined to buy one of these is already wearing a burqa, most likely.

Who knows, Nike may even expand their options.  Look for a Catholic Nun sports wimple.  The Mennonites or Hutterites or Vermiculites that have their young women wear bonnets will need a version, too.