Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, October 24, 2004

No NaNoWriMo this year....

Well, after last year's less-than-stellar performance, I thought about trying NaNoWriMo again.

Last year I had everything going for me. Unemployed, so loads of free time. A great new idea, and a shaky but hopeful commitment to start putting words on paper every day.

Well, no dice. Of a 50,000 word goal, I barely cracked 10K before I quit. I couldn't stay on topic, couldn't quit playing Age Of Empires, and couldn't turn off the TV.

This year, I'm employed, got a few side projects I'm involved in, and I just don't think it's gonna work out.

I know there's a novel in here somewhere. One of these days it'll get dragged out.