Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, November 12, 2004

A new blogger makes bad choices...

Chapter 21: The Day El Capitan Does The Unthinkable...

OK, I will be vilified for this, no doubt, but if I do it early enough, I'll get it out of my system. That should have a vaccinating effect to help me resist the urge to do the Friday Cat-Blog in the future.

So, just the once, here's my cat Betsy. She's a Maine Coon Cat that I inherited after my maternal grandmother died.



Sure, you just think she's cute. Wait 'til you wake up at 3 a.m. spitting cat hairs out of your mouth after she's draped her tail across your face. Everything I own is covered with a fine coat of her "down layer" until I run the tape roller over things to clean up.

However, she's quiet, will gently shove her head under your hand for ear-scritchies, provides a foot-warming effect on cold nights, lets me rub her belly until she purrs, and aside from the occasional hairball and the shedding effect, is fairly clean in her habits.

Yup, I'm a cat person. So sue me.