Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving thoughts

I just couldn't stand watching anymore of the Thanksgiving parade on TV, so I thought I'd get a blogpost in before heading out to Sugarland to join the family feast.

So, just to turn on the sappy-meter full blast, here's a list of the things I'm thankful for:

For being a citizen of the greatest nation on earth. It ain't braggin' if it's the truth!

For being a Texan, born & bred.

My family, for being there for me, regardless.

Warren, for being the brother I never had.

MD Anderson Cancer Center, for keeping Warren alive so we can be dirty old men together.

Kevin, who keeps me honest about who I am, where I'm from, and where I'm going.

Bowie, for letting me flex the ol' brainpan and keep it from stagnating.

Liz, for putting up with my shit for all these years.

Jenni, Jennifer, and Jennifer. Individually, you are awesome. If you three ever got together, you'd rule the world!

Andy & Laura, for an alternate viewpoint, and years of friendship.

Lynn & Dave, for helping me reach adulthood.

Dave & TJ, for keeping me immature. Life's a lot more fun that way.

Leif, and his endless patience with someone who doesn't take his Mac OS learning as seriously as he ought to.

Wayne, for showing me that life gets sweeter after 50. Yar!!! Moisten the wenches!

Scott & Dean, for being honest, candid, and always willing to talk.

Tracy, for keeping the Hatchet Slut alive even in the People's Republic of Seattle.

Betsy Cat & Pookie Cat. Sometimes life's just gotta stop so ears can be scratched.

Bill Samuels, for the wondrous nectar that is Maker's Mark bourbon whiskey.

Monica Bellucci, just for existing.

Whoever first threw chili, onions and cheese on a hot dog. You deserve a Nobel Prize!

Charles Alderton & Wade Morrison, for Dr Pepper.

Apple Macintosh computers, for never asking me about my IRQs.

John Browning, for designing the 1911 .45 pistol.

The blogosphere, for a greater sense of community.

The Democratic National Committee, for screwing up and nominating an awful candidate, keeping us free of your poxy appeasement plans for 4 more years.

Menu bar clocks, for telling me it's time to quit typing and go get ready to eat turkey!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Y'ALL!!!