Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, February 21, 2005

Muchas Gracias!

Thanks to everyone who sent emails or comments of condolence. They were greatly appreciated.

It looks like the memorial service is going to be 10:30 Saturday morning at 1st Christian Church in Arlington, Texas with interment following somewhere in Ft. Worth. I'm a bit ashamed to say this, but I've quite forgotten where one of my grandfathers is buried, but I assure you, we'll get it figured out, and get Grandma planted next to him.

I wonder... do you dig up the whole grave to bury the urn of ashes, or will a post-hole digger suffice? Hmm... these things you never have to think about until they become an issue.

For the record, I'm all for cremation and ash-scattering. No gloomy crypt or moldering headstone for me. Plant a tree, and come feed it a bottle of scotch and some cigar ashes for a few years. By the time I've faded in your memory, the tree will be doing fine on its own. Lots better than a 4' x 8' plot of ground.