Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, February 18, 2005

My Face Hurts

What a miserable day this is gonna be. Yesterday sucked too. Tomorrow ain't looking too good either.

So, what am I bitching about? I'm cutting a tooth, something I hoped would be all finished by the time I went to kindergarten.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those folks whose wisdom teeth chose to wait another 30 years to appear, rather than remain dormant below the gum line, or get chopped out of your jawbone when you're in your teens. There's enough room in my jaw to accommodate the new choppers, but that doesn't mean that my cheek and gums are eager to have a new tenant.

This is the last of the 4 to make its appearance. The previous one was about 2 years ago. That's just long enough a span to let you forget how much fun trying to eat solid food is when your mouth is all swollen up.

Once the sharp edges get worn down a bit, it won't be so bad, but HayZoos this is miserable right now. I've already sick of the Oragel/Anbesol stuff, which does tend to deaden the pain a bit, but also makes you drool like a St. Bernard.

Too bad I'm at work. A cotton ball loaded with 101 proof bourbon would do wonders here, but the resulting boozebreath would get me in hot water!