Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, March 03, 2005

YAR!!!

Got me a little souvenir of my trip to D/FW last weekend. I stopped by Lone Star Comics to peruse their (formerly) fantastic selection of science fiction and fantasy novels.

Unfortunately, some bozo (probably Buddy, the owner) decided to cut back the books from about 40 feet of 5 foot tall shelving to less than 12 feet. Now, even Barnes & Noble or Borders has a better selection. I can't figure out just what got put in the freed-up space, probably Beanie Babies or gamer-geek stuff. Still, they had a good selection of graphic novels and assorted fan-boy fodder. I saw the display of Pirates of the Caribbean action figures, and had to pick up this cutie for my Pirate Shrine.

The other figs were of Jack Sparrow, Barbosa, and Pretty Boy Will. Boy, that kid would be needing some Preparation H if he ever shipped out with a pirate crew... He'd be the belle of the ball!

I got just this one. The others looked OK, but just didn't have that "Yar, me hearties! Moisten the wenches!" look about them.

Anyway, it'll be a good match for the Pirate Spawn figure I got a few years back.