Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, February 25, 2005

No Blogging Until Sunday!

Not being equipped with a laptop & wireless modem and lacking the chutzpah to do a liveblogging session from Grandma's funeral service and graveside memorial, I won't be posting anything until I return on Sunday evening.

There's a slight possibility that I'll have the time this morning to clean up the 4000 word tale I meant to leave you as a "tide you over" gift, but the version that was ready to post was also on the flash drive, and is now gone forever. I have a rough edit of the story, but I dunno how long that might take to get into postable shape. Between washing clothes, packing and doing the 120 things you need to do before leaving town, I might hit the time wall. I gotta be in Arlington by 5 pm, so a noon-thirty departure is my target.

I'll look into the guest-blogging thing next time I'm away for a couple of days. I'm amazed by the trust level you have to have to let someone tiptoe through your blog account. I know whoever I picked would be just as trustworthy as I'd like to think I am, given the keys to their house, but I still get the queasies thinking about handing over that password!

Check back in about noon-ish today. If the gigantimous post is there, enjoy! If not, I'll be back Sunday evening.