Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

¡Ay Caramba! A La Cama Con El Capitan

Not much blogging yesterday. Despite a weekend of sloth and non-productivity, my batteries just wore down yesterday afternoon, and I barely made it home before falling asleep. It was so bad, I almost didn't wake up when the bus hit my stop, and I had to go sit in the sun for a while before I felt I could drive home without nodding off. I got home, checked email, then dove headlong for the bed. Aside from waking up around 2 am due to a cat sitting on my chest wanting to go out, I slept straight through, almost 12 solid hours.

I suppose my poor diet and odd hours are to blame. I've tried to eat the occasional salad and take my vitamins, but I'm just not up to cooking a balanced meal after the evening commute, so my food intake for the past 2 weeks has been mainly of the "fast & out of a bag" variety. I've also been less than diligent about my blood pressure meds, so that's also got to be a factor in the 'generally feeling like a worn-out rag' mode I've been in.

Doing OK today. The major stress-factors on the job have been completed, so now it's just a slow coast until Hizzoner gets around to some overdue obligations before I have to go into panic mode again.

Hmmm. I feel a Joe Walsh moment coming on... just a sec...

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do! Life's been good to me so far!!"

OK, I'm better now.

Hope everyone enjoyed the New Blog Showcase. I gotta say, there's a lot more work in hosting them than there is in just submitting a post! I'm scheduled to host a Carnival of Cordite (gun-related) in July, and I'm thinking about doing a Carnival of Recipes sometime, just 'cause I've been so lax about cooking. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. Give it a try sometime!