Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, May 18, 2006

30 Random Questions

Feel Free To Steal This Idea. I did!

Don't ya just love those days when you've got nothing to write about, and someone on your blogroll has a nice tasty little meme you can heist?? This one is courtesy of Jenni, who I'm hoping won't forget about my standing invitation to come hang out in H-town!

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Yup. Nothing like getting handed back your own pistol by a cop saying "Show me how to unload this thing."

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coaster?
Nope. In fact, I'm leaning over the edge of the front rail or halfway out the side!

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
Wow. 1978? Nope, had to have been 1983, on a ski trip in Colorado. It was actually snow-tubing, but that's close enough.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Define "sleep with." If it's knockin' boots, then a partner improves the situation immensely. As for actually sleeping, I gotta confess to needing my space. Besides, I snore.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Nah, not really.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Sure. (Gasp in awe of the inherent creativity of that reply!)

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Yeah, he sliced & diced the pair of 'em.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Aniston. Jolie's a Grade-A hottie, but carries that slight whiff of skank. Besides, you could never scrub all the Billy Bob residue off of her.

9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
Enough to simultaneously disgust and amuse myself.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
Yup. Deal 'em, podner!

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
I think I made it to to 42 hours one time back in college.

12. What's your favorite commercial?
That Superbowl "Herding Cats" one from a few years ago. Oh, and the Outpost.com one where they launched gerbils out of a cannon.

13. Who was your first love?
Who can remember that far back?

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light?
I'll wait through the light, generally. I'm pretty law-abiding on the road.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
If I told what it was, then everyone would know!

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Screw the Yankees. For that matter, screw the Sox, too.

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes. It was not a pretty sight.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Quite often. I ought to write them down, they'd make great short stories.

19. What's the one thing on your mind?
Staying reasonably healthy.

20. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Never wear the effing things. I'm gonna die by being flung through the windshield, probably.

21. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I had some talent in drawing/painting/sculpture.

22. Do you like Sushi?
I confess a squeamishness with the salmon eggs and the raw quail eggs, and don't much like eel & raw squid/octopi. Otherwise, it's all good!

23. What do you wear to bed?
Usually just some skivvies.

24. Do you truly hate anyone?
Those that desire to control the thoughts and actions of others.

25. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
Heh. I seem to recall blogging one time about an idle whim about banging either Jane Austen or Emily Dickinson, just 'cause if ever a famous female needed a thorough rogering, it's those two. OTOH, I'm not into necrophilia, so let's just go with my usual objet de polissage de poteau, Monica Bellucci.

26. Do you know anyone in jail?
Not at the moment. My cousin's out, and this asshole rode the needle a few years back.

27. What food do you find disgusting?
Organ meats. Liver, kidneys, sweetbreads, etc. Nasssssty!

28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
One day the Deluxe DVD edition of myself and Connecticut Yankee doing our impressions of 'The Limey Bastard In The GreyBar Hotel' will be released, at which point L.B. will kill us both.

29. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Yup. Not much fun.

30. Do you believe in angels and demons?
I believe there are people motivated by Light and Dark, Good and Evil, Order & Chaos, etc. Not so much in a halo/wings & horns/pitchfork sense, though.