Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Something's Rotten In Denmark...

Also, Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle K!

Much drama encircles Casa Capitan. Andy has ceased blogging due to some calamity I'm not aware of yet. I may not be able to reveal the details once we have a chat following his return from Colorado, but anything dire enough to send him towards the parental units can't be good.

Flygirl's irked at the squirrel-flinging idea. I was quite snarky in my reply to her comment, which probably did not digest well up in Liberalville, MA. Still, one wonders at the ensuing reaction when I put the smack down on a delicious Bambi this fall. Admittedly, I won't be flinging said Bambi into the next county with a catapult, but still...

El Capitan chose to avoid the family gathering last night honoring Mom's birthday. Mom is not pleased, but Mom shares a birthdate with my hoodlum jailbird cousin, who was also being honored. First, the gathering was down in League City, which is quite a trek just to have cake & punch, and I'm not all that enamored of my aunt anyway. Second, I'm fairly certain I might not have been able to refrain from inquiries into the condition of the cousin's sphincter following his recent stay at the Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass prison up in Bastrop. Fisticuffs and a pistol-whipping hardly ever improve family gatherings.

Zippo the Grey-Plumed Parrothead has been silent again for weeks. Much drama for him as well. Hopefully he'll be back up and blogging before too long.

I find myself in a bit of a deep blue funk, knowing the next Blogfest will be far in the future. I know I wouldn't enjoy them nearly as much if they were a weekly event, but 2007 in Vegas is a looooong way off. Methinks a mini-meet in Dallas and a toobing fest in New Braunfels might be in order for summer & fall.

OK, off to complete the 3 S's before going out to lunch with Mom. It IS Mother's Day today! Go call your Mom!