Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, May 14, 2006

I May Never Sleep Again!

Coke's New Brew Can Wake The Dead!

I tried the new Coca-Cola Blãk. Truly an odd drink. It's a mix of Coke & coffee, and enough caffeine to make your eyelids retract back behind your brain.

If you like Coke, and you like coffee, there's a good chance you won't spew out the first sip. It's odd how the initial sip tastes like Coke, and you don't get the coffee flavor until after you've swallowed.

The bottle's small, just 6 ounces or so. You can finish it in a few gulps if you're so inclined. I drank the bottle while sitting in the parking lot of the CVS pharmacy where I bought it. I started up the car, exited the parking lot, and that's all the time it took for the caffeine jolt to hit. Felt like little chemical fingers pushing my eyeballs out of their sockets from behind. The whole ride home I'm waiting for my heart to skip a few beats 'cause of all the stimulants I'd just ingested.

If you're a regular caffeine junkie, you'll probably enjoy this stuff. If you regularly avoid caffeine like I do, best keep away.