Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

BOHICA!! RUTA!!!

Can I Get "Hostile Witness" Printed On A Necktie?

If you're confused about the title to the post, you wouldn't be the first. I think I first heard "BOHICA" back in high school, and my friend Rockhauler added the "RUTA" bit to my lexicon many years later.

Back in the summer camp years, whenever the Powers-That-Be received a directive from BSA Council HQ, they would call the camp staff together to drop the bomb on us as a group. Invariably, once the camp director started into the shpiel, from somewhere in the crowd of staffers, you'd hear a quiet "Bo-heeek-ahhh!!!" followed moments later with a "Rooo-Tahhh!", uttered in an almost monkish chant by several staffers. Indeed, it was a liturgy of sorts, the standard prayer for the days of getting boned by management.

Later, after many beers, it would be shouted at great volume, usually from a nearby hilltop overlooking camp. That, and other choice epithets aimed at the ignunt execs who thought they could direct the operation of a camp from an air conditioned office 150 miles away.

Figured it out yet? It's pretty simple...

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

Right
Up
The
Ass!

So, what's headed towards El Capitan's posterior that stirred up these memories?

Lawyers.

Yup, El Capitan got subpoenaed again. I get to spend next week wearing my monkey suit and sitting in a courtroom.

BOHICA!! RUTA!!!

Incidentally, do you know why lawyers wear neckties?
'Cause it keeps the foreskins from rolling up over their faces.


UPDATE: Sorry, shoulda made this a bit more clear... I'm not being subpoenaed for anything *I* did, it's because of the position I hold working for The Man. It's kind of an expert witness situation, except I'm not an expert. Well, not yet anyway. Ask again in October.