Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Well, Blow Me Down!

I *Must* Own One Of These...

Oh, man... the want-list gets one item longer!

Costco is selling a "Scallywag Sloop Pirate Themed Club House" for the low low price of $18.5 thousand dollars. It looks cool, but is unfortunately sized for kids. Bah, kids don't know the first thing about piracy!




I can do better. I bet for 10 grand, I could build a better, adult-sized version!

To tell the truth, this is one reason I haven't built a deck, though the back yard desperately needs one. I would be physically and mentally unable to resist the urge to build it to look like the deck and sides of a ship. I'd have to have a wheel, binnacle, masts and a bowsprit to hang sails (awnings, really) and a perky-bosomed figurehead to cap it all off. OK, maybe a cannon or two. And a parrot. And a barrel full of cutlasses. And a rail-mounted rum dispenser... and... and...

Via Boing Boing