Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, November 03, 2006

Eye Ar Uh Litterut Pirsun

Damned If I Didn't Almost Get Stuck In Iraq...

Bought some books yesterday. First time in longer than I care to think about. I've got this big honkin' library I've been adding to for years, but tight funds have kept me out of the bookstores for the last month or so.

This fine upstanding young woman clued me in on a series that promises to be some excellent reading. By coincidence, I heard the author interviewed on a talk radio program that very same day. The host was gushing on how good the books were.

OK, I was sold. Next stop, EBAY!!!

Got lucky, found the first four in the series in an auction ending yesterday. Twenty bucks later, they're on their way to my house.

Anyone else heard of the Mitch Rapp books by Vince Flynn??