Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, August 20, 2007

Unfinished Bloggy Business

Like Playing Pickup Sticks With Your Buttcheeks

I doubt anyone keeps track of my open topics, but I get to feeling guilty about not completing things. So, here's a handful.

The Monty Python Party: This was where I asked for costume ideas back in June/July. I ended up building a hedgehog hat, complete with light-up blinking eyes and nose and went as Spiny Norman. It was well received, though hot as an oven to wear in July. Saw Jenni & Rockhauler, had a great time. The pictures didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, which is why I haven't posted about it sooner.

The Sooper-Secret DVD watching marathon: Now it can be told! I was working my way through three seasons of 'LOST'. I was under the assumption that the new season would start up in September. Wrong. Now I must wait until the spring for new episodes. In the meantime, if anyone wants to email me their theories on either "John Locke, Savior or Asshole" or "Arrogant Doctors that need a beatdown", go right ahead.

The CPAP saga: Got the nocturnal breathing machine hooked up and running, but I still can't sleep through the night with it. They say acclimation takes 3 weeks. Sigh.

Much Movie Watching: Saw the following flicks -

'Stardust' - Not the chick flick it's being labeled. A fun lightweight fantasy aimed at an adult audience. Well worth the $8 I paid to get in.

'Harry Potter #5' - Excellent addition to the Potter films. Liked this one better than the last 3 entries.

'Bourne Supremacy' - Weakest of the trio, and almost gave me motion sickness due to the non-stop WiggleCam. Worst movie trend of the last 10 years... when you have no plot to speak of, shake the camera wildly, and have non-stop action scenes with no cut longer than 3 seconds, and pray no one notices the lack of a coherent story.

Seen on DVD:

'Snatch' - Fun gangster romp by Guy Ritchie. Not as much fun as 'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels'.

'Pathfinder' - Murky, almost unwatchable Vikings vs. Indians gorefest.

'300' - Suffers on the small screen. Didn't enjoy it as much as in the theater. Except for the nekkid wimmens. DVDs got that pause button goin' on...

'Hot Fuzz' - Have you watched 'Shaun of the Dead'? If you liked that one, this one's harvested right off the same BritCom tree. I'll never look at swans the same way again...