Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Quiz. Sort Of...

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form Of Outright Theft

By now you've doubtless seen Elisson's spin-doctored version of the "What sort of wine are you" webquiz.

I giggled quite a bit at the unexpected flavor of Prune Juice Elisson claimed to be. I was less amused at my result taking the quiz. Pinot Noir? I think not, compadres. Malbec, maybe. Barbera, possibly. Beaujolais, almost certainly. But Pinot Noir? Pshaw. California Koolade, IMHO. Besides, I didn't even see 'Sideways'. Turned it off halfway through. Thought both of the main characters were irredeemable assholes.

Anyway, I had to find another flavor of beverage that truly fit my personality. It took some thought, but I think I've nailed it.

You Are Clamato

You go beyond eclectic, and approach the realm of the bizarre.
Everyone's seen you at some point, but no one knows quite what to make of you.
99 out of 100 will pass you by in favor of the traditional beverage.
Truth be told, you don't really mix with much of anything, and really, who in their right mind wants to drink clam juice mixed with squooshed tomatos?

Deep down you are: Afraid cats will find you irresistable.

Your partying style: Sit on a shelf and watch the world pass in front of you.

Your company is enjoyed best with: A Shrimp Cocktail, just for the halibut.


(Full disclosure: I actually bought and consumed a bottle of Clamato, so I would know of what I was scribbling about. Turns out it's not so bad. Lighter than tomato juice, spicier than V8, and has a distinct briny aftertaste. Guess that's the "dried clam broth" in the ingredients...)