Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bus Stop Stalker Update

Like Sands Through The Hourglass, These Are The Days Of My Lame-Ass Life

Well, I have news for you. I know several of you had requested that I update you on the status of my stalker project.

Well, I ran into her yesterday on the shuttle bus. I was running on autopilot, and almost skipped that bus rather than make everyone wait on me as I came out the front doors and schlepped to the corner.

Traffic was heavy, and the bus got delayed pulling into the main lanes, and gave me time to hurry to the shuttle. I didn't even pay attention to who was sitting where, and just blindly made my way to the rear of the bus.

It wasn't until we were halfway to the remote parking lot that I even noticed she was on the bus. I could've taken the empty seat across the aisle from her.

When the bus pulled into the parking lot, I caught her eye as we were preparing to "debus" ourselves. "Hey!" says I. "How are you? Haven't seen you in a while!"

She waited under the bus shelter for me to get off the shuttle, and we spent a few minutes catching up.

She's working one floor up. Her schedule got discombobulated, and she's now leaving at staggered times throughout the week. Mostly, she's out the door at least an hour before I am, though.

She's still got a beautiful smile.

Her name is Alejandra.

And... she's got a boyfriend. Had him for a while now, it seems.

Damn.