Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This Mayo Be Nauseating...

Must...Control...Gag...Reflex...

Ok, you wacky Japaneezers...

I'm on board with sushi. Love the udon noodles and the tempura. I'm not a huge fan of sake, but I can choke it down.

This, on the other hand...
Mayo margarita anyone?

When Koji Nakamura mixes up a margarita cocktail, he adds a special ingredient - mayonnaise.
"Mayogarita", a white drink with a hint of the creamy dressing, is one of several cocktails Nakamura serves in his "Mayonnaise Kitchen" restaurant in suburban Tokyo, which features mayonnaise on everything from toast and spaghetti to fondue.
Despite its Western heritage, mayonnaise has become the condiment of choice for many young Japanese, who add it to everything from sushi, noodles and tempura.




'Scuse me while I go dry-heave for a while...